These are some of the Must-Have Apps you would need for your phone.
- Titanium Backup : Some might agree this is the sole reason why they root their phone. The most powerful backup tool on the market. You can take backup of all the apps (protected, system and on SD card) without the need of closing them, freeze any app, restore single app data back, sync to dropbox/google drive and much much more. The Pro version is available for a little steep cost but worth every single penny.
- ROM Manager : If you don’t like doing recovery manually then this app is for YOU. Flash your recovery to the latest ClockworkMod. Take backups easily. You can install ROM from you SD card or even get them directly OTA with just one click. You can even install directly by scanning the QR code. The Premium version is also available if you’d like to try it out.
- Superuser : Take complete control over your phone and decide which app gets all permission. If you install this while installing the ROM then you won’t be able to delete it as its in your /sys now. I suggest installing it directly from the market once you’ve already rooted. Elite version is also available in case you’d like to try it out. I personally feel this is more than enough for me
- Screencast Video Recorder : The only app on Android market which allows you to video record your screen actions. The clarity is phenomenal and you can adjust the fps as required. The latest version allows you to even touch capture and record voice. A great app to have in your collection. My YouTube channel videos are recorded solely with the help of this app.
- Ad Away : As the name suggests, this app blocks all the ads from appearing on your phone. Sometimes the ads get too annoying on some games/apps and you need them gone. Well this app will do just that with absolutely no hassle.
- Droid Wall : Like how you’ve firewall on your PC. This is just that on your phone. Firewall for your Android. Allows you to restrict which apps can access the network. Perfect for people who don’t have unlimited data plan and it saves battery too. This is a must-have for people who want to restrict those ‘questionable permissions’.
- SetCPU : This is the app you need to play around with your CPU settings. You can overclock or underclock with this. Its very simple to use and understand. There are other apps on the market which do the same task for free but I’d prefer using this one anyday.
- Screenshot It! : Take the screenshot of your phone’s screen. I’m not sure if all phones require this app (my Nexus S doesn’t, so not sure) because some have the inbuilt ability to take snaps, but in case yours doesn’t allow you, then buy this. One good feature I like about this is how you can set the timer for taking the screenshot, just shake to capture pic, you can even overlay phone info in the pic. Try it out for yourself